How Your Self Care Practice Can Make or Break Your Business
It may not seem it on the face of it, but how you feel about yourself makes a big impact on whether your career or business will be a success. I love this Valentine’s Day message, borrowed from musician Sam Buckingham:
Be your own Valentine. Actually, screw Valentine’s Day, just love yourself every day. Actually, while we’re at it, let’s just love everyone, everyday. One love. It starts with me.
Treating yourself with love and respect will make you better equipped to love others and to practise generosity in your day to day life, and your career.
How I’m practising self care
- Today, I’m resting, because I’m exhausted and in pain.
- This week, I’m going to try to remember to take more regular breaks, so I don’t push my body past its limits. I’m having a long, hot bath and an early night on Sundays so I start the week well rested.
- This year, I’m going to put health and practising joy and self compassion as my number one task on my “to do” list.
I can’t wait to see what these changes bring to my relationship with you.
What will you do for your own self care to grow your career?
- What will you do to practise self love and compassion today?
- What will you do to practise self love and compassion this week?
- What will you do to practise self love and compassion this year?
I’d love to hear from you!
Do you already have things you do regularly to practise self care? What works for you? What will you try next? I’d love to hear from you with a comment below.